Monday, January 16, 2012

Coupons Rock!

Words cannot describe how much I love couponing.  I started couponing a couple of years ago with my friend Katie in American Fork.  We went to a couponing class to learn how to do it right, and after that, we were sold.  We started getting multiple Sunday papers, and clipping coupons till we couldn’t clip any more.  I was amazed that I could get toothpaste, body wash, deodorant, and several other everyday essentials for FREE!!! 

When we moved back to Rexburg I didn’t continue my couponing endeavors because the strategy is a little different in Idaho.  Different stores, different papers and I hadn’t found a great Idaho based website to keep me up to date on all the deals going on.  My good friend Kathryn is living here in Rexburg too and she is an avid couponer.  She informed me of a good website and got me hooked up with the Sunday paper, and I have been addicted ever since.  I love couponing.  It’s really become more of a hobby for me.  I love to challenge myself to see how low I can get my grocery bill.  Few things can get me as excited as walking out of a store with a bunch of free stuff.  The other big perk is now I have somewhere to put all my bargains.  Our new house has an amazing food storage room.  It’s been fun to watch it slowing become stalked. 

Here is a little example of a weekly trip to Albertson’s.

January 042

5 Wish Bone Salad Dressings- FREE

25 Softsoap hand soap- FREE

45 Zone Perfect Protein Bars- FREE

2 Pace Salsa- $1 each

3 Rosita Refried Beans- $.66 each

2 Eggland’s Best dozen eggs- $1.50 each

Grand Total= $6.98 plus tax

LOVE IT!!!

January 044

This is my awesome food storage room.  It is getting stocked slowly but surely. 

1 comment:

The Riries said...

Yaaaay for couponing! Thanks again for your wealth of knowledge today! We are now finally stalked up on cereal! And p.s. Your food storage room is awesome!