Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Reuniting of Friends

One of the biggest down sides to my parents moving from Boise to American Fork is that I don’t get to go back to Boise very often.  Which, in turn, means I rarely get to see any of my high school friends.  One of the up sides to living in Rexburg is that it seems everyone spends a little time in Rexburg eventually whether they planned it or not.  Through Facebook, I found out that three of my good high school friends are now living in Eastern Idaho.  We decided to have our own little high school reunion at Millhallow.  We kind of laughed because we all friends just not in the same circles. 

Kathryn Williams Ririe and I were good friends in choir.  She is an incredibly gifted musician and we spent lots of time together on choir trips. Her husband now works at BYU-I and she has a little boy Austin’s age.  Leslie Clark Rasmussen and I met each other at the home school co-op we were in called A.S.A. in seventh grade.  We were reunited in high school through similar class schedules and mutual friends.  She recently got married and her husband is now working on his Bachelors Degree at BYU-I.  Jessica Jensen Ricks was one of my very first high school friends.  Since I didn’t attend a conventional middle school, I didn’t now very many people when I got to high school and Jessica kind of took me under her wing and made me feel included.  She is a social worker and is working as a PSR worker in Idaho Falls while her husband attends BYU-I.  It was so fun to get together and catch up with these awesome friends.  We decided to get together for lunch once a month so we can stay in touch while we are all in the same area.

100_0947

Leslie, Kathryn and me.  Jessica left before we took the picture.  She is 8 months pregnant and was really tired.

1 comment:

The Riries said...

Oh my goodness, that get-together was so much fun! When is our next one?! We need to have one before Jessica has her baby! What about next week? It is officially on my to-do list to call you and catch up!
Also, amazing job on your race! I so admire you for that! You go girl!