Thursday, May 26, 2011

U2 360 Tour

Vance has a few favorites in his life.  The Spurs, BYU Athletics, and U2.  He knows just about everything there is to know when it comes to these three subjects.  I am often astonished about the facts and statistics he can pull out of nowhere regarding one of these favorites of his.

I have never been much of a U2 fan until I met Vance.  Even now I have a hard time swallowing a four hour “musical journey” (as Vance calls it) during a car ride to Utah.  But Vance never seems to tire of Bono and the gang.

Last year the U2 360 Tour was coming to Salt Lake City.  Since going to a U2 concert is very high on Vance’s list of things to do before he dies we decided to splurge and get tickets.  We figured this may be our last opportunity because, lets face it, Bono is getting old.  Well, about a week before the tour began Bono had to have emergency back surgery and the tour was cancelled.  Well, after a year of waiting and growing anticipation we finally experienced Bono in all of his awesomeness. 

I have never seen Vance so excited.   We left for the concert 4 hours early because he was so worried we were going to get caught in traffic and be late.  And for those of you who know Vance and his perpetual tardiness, that is saying something.

The concert was well worth the wait.  We were both blown away with how amazing the concert was.  Vance had a huge grin on his face the entire time.  I had a big grin too but that was partially because I have a crush on The Edge.  He is the coolest!  We had so much fun, and not because we were catching a whiff of the marijuana that was being smoked in close proximity to us.  Not only was the music great but the stage was incredible.  We heard a guy say that it takes over 200 semi-trucks to transport it.  Pretty amazing!

Next on Vance’s wish list…see a Spurs vs. Jazz game. 

U2 Concert! 003U2 Concert! 007U2 Concert! 008U2 Concert! 018U2 Concert! 019U2 Concert! 021

2 comments:

Gardnerfam said...

U2 can go to a concert any time as long as I get the boys.

jess and seth said...

Okay, and now I am jealous--U2 is one of my favorites! I'm so glad you guys got to go to this. What a fun time!