Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas 2010

Vance thought I was crazy, but this year during the Christmas season I decided to work. I went from being crazy-busy in American Fork to not having a whole lot to do in Rexburg, especially since it is frigid outside and Austin and I find any excuse to stay indoors. Needless to say, I was feeling like I needed something to keep me busy. I used to work for a company called Mod Bod selling layering T's in Costco when we lived in Utah. They called me and said they needed some extra help through the Christmas season and wanted to know if I would work a 10-day show in Lehi. I was really excited for something to keep me occupied and for a chance to earn a little extra money. Austin and I went down a week early for Christmas so I could work the show and Austin could spend some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa Gardner (they have been missing him a lot since we moved). Vance still had to work so he joined us about six days later. We sure missed him. I was worried that Vance would be lonely without us during those few days leading up to the Christmas holiday. He survived pretty well. He has some really great friends here in Rexburg and he had a great time playing the bachelor. He stayed up till after midnight most nights playing video games and didn't shy away from eating out.

Austin had a lot of fun playing with his aunts and uncles and couldn't get enough of all the treats grandma fed him. I enjoyed working but I was really glad to be done by the end. Standing on a cement floor for 6 hours a day when you are seven months pregnant isn't the most enjoyable thing in the world.
Austin was really funny this year on Christmas morning. Vance, being the early bird that he is, woke up before everyone else. He tried to wake up Austin so he could start opening presents but Austin would not have it. He put his hand on Vance's head and said, "No daddy, go to sleep." Austin had fun opening his first few presents but soon got bored. Vance tried to get him to open one more present and Austin just kept yelling, "NO, DONE!!!" So we let him finish opening his presents later. We all had a pretty good laugh over it. It's not every day that a kid refuses to open up all of his presents. Maybe he will get the hang of it a little more before his birthday in April.

2 comments:

jess and seth said...

That is hilarious about Austin! Give him a year--next Christmas he'll totally be tearing into the presents. :) And 6 hours on cement--my back aches for you! You are amazing!

Jen said...

Hey! I found you. Or, you told me where to find you. But your main pic is super fun. And now you should be able to have my blog address from this.