Sunday, June 28, 2009

Going for a ride in my box car!!!

I thought these pics and video of Austin were so cute. His Uncle Tyler and Uncle Andrew made him a car out of a cardboard box and spent hours driving him around in it. They drew wheels on the sides and even put a steering wheel inside the box. Austin thought it was the greatest thing. He squealed with sheer joy when his Uncles took him for a ride, pushing him all over the living room floor. He tried getting in the car when the Uncles were gone one afternoon and couldn't figure out why it wasn't going anywhere. He didn't understand that it was an "uncle powered" car. Look closely at this first picture. You can see Andrew's face in the background. I don't know who was having more fun, Austin or his Uncles.





These are some pictures of Vance on his birthday. Doesn't the cake look divine? It was a Cindy Gardner masterpiece.



I think Austin looks just like his daddy in this picture. A couple of good looking boys, in my entirely non-biased opinion.

4 comments:

dhillman said...

What great uncles that little boy has! Those pictures are adorable! And that cake looks good enough to eat!

Megan and TJ said...

Looks like so much fun! Your little Austin sure does look like Vance. We cant wait to see you in July!

Mandee said...

I remember when I was little and Gheen would do things like that for me. What awesome uncles that little boy has! He is such a cutie! I love his little grin!

jess and seth said...

I love those pictures of Austin! He is growing up so much. And happy late birthday Vance!!! I can't believe I didn't send you a card, and after you guys sent one to me . . . I'm a terrible sister-in-law. I'll have to make it up this summer. Can't wait to see you all at the reunion! And Jacob says he wishes Austin could come to our house.