Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Fistful of Cake (AKA Austin's Birthday!)
















Well, it's official. Austin is one year old. My baby is growing up so fast, I can't believe it. We had a fun little birthday party for him with the Gardner family and friends. My mom helped decorate a very cute train cake for Austin, but he didn't get to eat it. I made him a not so fancy cake that he could have all to himself. Not that any of us would have wanted any by the time he was done with it. He was very reluctant at first to dive into the cake. He kept looking at Vance and me as if to say, "are you really going to let me do this?" Once he took a few bites and realized what a yummy treat it was, he was eating it by the fists full. He got some pretty fun gifts. I think he has caught on to the toy idea a little more since Christmas. He ripped his packages open with no problem. He got a fun walker toy from his Grandma and Grandpa Gardner. We got a really cute video of him pushing it around the apartment. He also got his first swim suit and pool toy and a whole bunch of other great gifts! Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

dhillman said...

Boy, that year went by fast!
And to think I have only see his cute little face in person one time!

jess and seth said...

Okay, that cake is absolutely amazing. Where was your mom when Jacob had his birthday?!?!?!?!?! He would have died to have a cake like that. I just love that cute little Austin! He was sure nice to my kids--he's welcome back any time! :)